Testimonial: Frank van Niekerk
‘I would like to thank Roger Wolfson and his wonderful team from the bottom of my heart that I can walk again.’
Says Frank: ‘It was too painful to walk with my previous prosthesis. As a result, my wife searched the Internet for someone who could fix my leg so that I would walk again. That’s when she came across Roger Wolfson and Associates. I made an appointment to see Roger Wolfson straight away and within only a few sessions, he reformed my old prosthetic leg into a new, comfortable one.
For the first time in two and a half years, I was able to walk to my daughter’s grave. I would definitely recommend Roger Wolfson and Associates.’
Frank van Niekerk
Click here to read another Testimonial: The Louis Hoffmann story: https://amputeerehabilitation.info/the-louis-hoffman-story-part-2-you-cant-keep-a-good-man-down/
Testimonial: Johnny O’Connell
‘Roger Wolfson made a leg for me. Roger goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and does a good job in making his clients happy.’
Testimonial: Patrick Kelehile
‘I am so used to my prosthetic leg that Roger Wolfson made for me it is like I was born with it. Sometimes, I even forget that once I was lying in a hospital bed with an amputated leg.’
‘My name is Patrick Kelehile. My right leg was amputated. The amputation was performed in June 2010 by Dr De Graad at the Krugersdorp Private Hospital. Doctor De Graad referred me to another specialist to help me with my prosthesis. However, I spent the rest of that year and most of 2011 waiting for my new prosthetic leg. The fact that it took so long was surprising, since my medical aid fund had already paid for the leg. Each time I went to the prosthetist, he would tell me that the leg would take another couple of weeks to complete, and so it went on.
Finally, in September 2011, the prosthetist called me to say that my leg was ready. He said that the leg was 100% and that he was happy with it. When I was fitted with the leg I was shocked. The leg was nothing like it was supposed to be. I felt like crying. At first, I was so happy at the idea that I would be walking again, but, the leg was completely unsatisfactory. I kept asking myself, why me God? What have I done to deserve this?
One day while I was at work, I decided to search the Internet for websites relating to prosthetics. That’s when I found Roger Wolfson and Associates. I met with Roger Wolfson that same week. Roger took the measurements for my new prosthetic leg and after a few test fittings were carried out, within only two weeks I was walking again! I believe that finding Roger Wolfson was a ‘miracle sent from God.’
Till this day, I am still walking with the prosthetic leg that Roger made. I am so used to my prosthetic leg that Roger Wolfson made for me it is like I was born with it. Sometimes, I even forget that once I was lying in a hospital bed with an amputated leg. To tell you the truth, with the help of Roger Wolfson, I am back to hanging out with my friends and living a normal life.
I want to thank you Roger, you are a man of God and I believe that you were sent by God to perform miracles in this world. Keep up the good work!
God bless you and your family
Click here for a different kind of Testimonial in orthotic innovations by Roger Wolfson: https://rwaa.co.za/jr-oa-off-loader-knee-brace/
Testimonial: J H Botha
‘The best thing that has happened to me at my age is that my medical aid fund referred me to you, Roger Wolfson.’
Says Mr Botha: ‘Thank you for making a prosthetic leg that works properly. As an above-knee amputee who has had several artificial legs over many years, I can honestly say that yours is the best; not only due to its uniquely good fit, it also has great stability and is extremely comfortable.
As I have grown older, it has become increasingly important to have a well-fitting leg that is stable and easy to wear.
Prior to my involvement with Roger Wolfson and Associates, my previous attempt to obtain such a leg was a complete disaster.
- It began with a letter to the Medical Aid Fund from my doctor motivating the need for a new leg.
- I had a new leg made which was supposed to be ‘the answer to all artificial limbs’. Not only did it cost me a great deal of money, but, this new leg caused me to periodically fall backwards or forwards due to the fact that the knee had no effective braking system.
- Each time I fell, I would hurt my wrists in an attempt to block the fall. Unfortunately, I broke my hand the last time I fell using this knee.
- My doctor was alarmed. He wrote another letter to the Medical Aid Fund, recommending that for my safety, a new, different leg should be made. In this letter, he mentioned that another fall could result in a broken hip, which could also mean the end of my walking life.
- I had visited the former prosthetist several times, travelling 600kms from my home, in an attempt to put an end to the repeated experience of ‘kissing the ground’ as it were; when the leg would continue to give way unexpectedly from underneath me, for no apparent rhyme or reason.
- In spite of the fact that the socket was cracked in several places from my having experienced numerous falls, the said prosthetist failed to fix the leg; and implied that the problem was ‘all in my head’.
- I have since discovered that this particular malfunction is a recognised problem associated with the specific type of knee that I was using.
Since joining forces with Roger Wolfson and Associates, I have been walking comfortably with the new knee for about six months now. Once the knee mechanism has been fine-tuned, it will be completely problem-free. I will be visiting Roger Wolfson and Associates again soon, whereby I am confident that any minor difficulties will be ironed out.
Roger, you are a true artisan and an artist who has sculpted a socket that fits comfortably. I truly appreciate all that you have done for me and wish that every amputee could benefit from your skills and a comfortable, strong leg to walk on.’
J H Botha